Teacher Day, historically the first day of our four-day Festival, is designed especially for educators like you, who want to rejuvenate your love for poetry, discover new voices, reconnect with special poems, share your work at open readings, see old friends, and receive a free Teachers Kit filled with poems and activities to bring back to your school.
This year, due to the ongoing unpredictability of the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 Dodge Poetry Festival will be entirely virtual.
The Festival will run from October 22 - November 1, and we will have special programming for teachers streaming in the afternoons (EST) Monday - Friday, October 26-30. These videos will also be available on-demand for teachers who register.
The Festival will include individual and group poetry readings and performances, panel talk and discussions among several poets, Q&A with poets, open mic opportunities and more.
The Benefits of Teacher Day
Revitalize your creativity and love of lifelong learning
Receive Professional Development Hours for your participation
- Address the requirements of New Jersey Department of Education Professional Standards for Teachers
- Receive the free Festival Teachers Kit, which includes Festival Poet poems, bios, quotes and reading lists on easy-to-reproduce poet pages and teaching ideas for classroom use
- Hear directly from poets about their writing process and their creative lives
- Connect with poets representing various schools of poetry, cultures and points of view
- Discover contemporary poetry you can bring back to your classroom
If you would like to sign up to learn more about special programming for teachers at the 2020 Festival, please fill out this form, and we will contact you as soon as we have specific registration instructions.
Questions? Contact us at teacherday(at)grdodge(dot)org or (973) 695-1190.