Thank you for your interest in bringing students from your high school to High School Student Day at the Dodge Poetry Festival on October 23, 2020!
Dodge Festival School Coordinators are crucial to the success of High School Student Day. They can do what we cannot:
- select students who will benefit most from the Festival experience, and
- once those students are at the Festival, ensure they take advantage of the rich opportunities available.
If you would like your high school to bring students to High School Student Day, you and your colleagues must select one 2020 Dodge Festival School Coordinator to act as chief liaison with the Dodge Poetry Program. Any teacher or member of the faculty is eligible.
Benefits of being a Festival School Coordinator:
- free passes to High School Student Day for you, your students and chaperones
- Professional Development Hours awarded for time spent at the Festival
- two free 4-day passes to the Festival (available upon request after you have completed your Student Day application)
- Dodge Poetry Festival 2020 Teacher Kits for use in the classroom
- A free 2020 Dodge Poetry Festival poster to hang in your classroom
- letters of recognition sent to your supervisors or administrators (available upon request)
- access to poet bios, poems and other materials to share with students
Responsibilities of being a Festival School Coordinator:
- collaborate with colleagues to choose students to attend
- arrange chaperones and coordinate permission slips
- make travel arrangements for the day
- distribute High School Student Day information packets, schedules and passes to colleagues, chaperones and students
- if necessary, organize fundraising events to pay for any related expenses