60+ POETS | 9 STAGES | 4 DAYS
For the fifth time, the largest poetry event in North America comes to New Jersey’s largest city when the Geraldine R. Dodge Poetry Festival return to Newark from Thursday October 18th through Sunday October 21, 2018. For four days Newark’s vibrant downtown Arts District will host the Festival, featuring some of our most celebrated, diverse and vibrant poets and spoken word artists.
Here's all the information you need to be part of #DPF18:
- Do you have your tickets? Weekend and Four-Day Passes are on sale now on our Tickets page! Get 'em while they're hot! Single-Day tickets will be on sale August 20th.
- Coming from out of town? See our Accommodations page for special Festival hotel rates, our Transportation page for travel information and links to NJ TRANSIT $10.50 round-trip train tickets, parking information, a LYFT promo code to NJPAC and more!
- Hungry for some local culture? Check out our Get to Know Newark page for local information and attractions, and our Dining page for more information on where to eat during the Festival. You can also visit our Venues page for more information on the spaces you'll see during the Festival.
- Want to plan your Festival schedule? Check out the Program page for more information on Main Stage events, and the Festival Lineup page to see all of the poets and performers who will be at the Festival, as well as their bios and photos. See someone you like? Make sure you get tickets for the days they are reading by using our individualized Poet Calendar. In late September, we will be launching an app that allows you to personalize your schedule - so stay tuned for that!
- Interested in getting to know the poets? Follow along with our Ask a Poet blog series to read interviews with Festival Poets every Friday...and if you read one that you really enjoy, head on over to that Poet Calendar we mentioned before and make plans to see them!
- Want to keep in touch with #DPF18? Follow us: Twitter, Instagram & Facebook for fun and informative Festival updates!