Traveling within Newark
The New Jersey Performing Arts Center is located a half mile from both Newark Penn Station and Newark Broad Street Station; a short walk or Light Rail ride. All of our venues are within easy walking distance of NJPAC, making travel between events is simple and efficient.
- Walking Directions from Penn Station to NJPAC: From the main waiting room at Penn Station, leave by the Raymond Plaza West exit, cross the bus and taxi pickup lanes, and turn to your right toward Raymond Boulevard. Turn left on Raymond Boulevard and walk 2 blocks (west) to Mulberry Street. Turn right, crossing Raymond Boulevard, and walk two blocks on Mulberry Street (north) to Center Street. NJPAC is directly across Center Street.
- Walking Directions from Broad Street Station to NJPAC: Follow signs to Broad Street. Walk down Broad Street away from the highway towards down town. Continue .4 miles, passing Washington Park (on right). Bear left at First Baptist Peddie Memorial Church onto Center Street. Continue a half a block until you reach NJPAC on left.
NJ Transit Newark Light Rail
Safe, affordable, and easy to use: Take advantage of the Newark Light Rail. The Newark Light Rail runs throughout the Downtown Arts District, including stops at Broad Street Station, Newark Penn Station, and right into the heart of the Festival.
- Download Light Rail Schedule (PDF)
- Download a map of the Newark Light Rail (PDF)
- To view a schedule online
- For Fare information
Click here for information about bus lines through the City of Newark.